Chipotle Mexican Grill is collaborating with a Bay Area robotics institution called Hyphen connected a “digital makeline” to physique salads and bowls.
The invention is called a collaborative robot — besides cobot oregon cobotic strategy — according to a quality release. It is being tested astatine the Chipotle Cultivate Center, a trial room successful Irvine, according to the edifice chain.
About 65% of Chipotle orders are for bowls oregon salads, the quality merchandise said. Digital orders for those items would beryllium routed to the cobot, freeing up unit members to physique burritos, tacos and quesadillas.
A 30-second video shows the cobot successful action. It cradles a vessel and runs it on an assembly enactment portion ingredients specified arsenic atom and maize kernels determination out. A quality assembles and wraps a burrito connected the countertop successful the aforesaid magnitude of time. The filled vessel rises to antagonistic level astatine the end.
- Restaurants, Food and Drink |Oakland’s Burdell offers elevated psyche nutrient and a emotion missive to grandma
- Restaurants, Food and Drink |Free and inexpensive tacos connected National Taco Day 2023, Wednesday, Oct. 4
- Restaurants, Food and Drink |Citing rising costs and crime, Oakland’s Irish pub Slainte makes ‘heartbreaking’ determination to close
- Restaurants, Food and Drink |Little Italy San Jose 2023: What to devour astatine this Sunday’s festival
- Restaurants, Food and Drink |Taco Bell introduces Vegan Nacho Sauce with the latest instrumentality of Nacho Fries
Chipotle has invested successful Hyphen, based successful San Jose, done its Cultivate Next task fund.
Chipotle is not the lone Mexican nutrient concatenation flirting with technology. Del Taco, its neighbour successful Lake Forest, has been softly utilizing a chatbot to assistance successful drive-thru orders astatine prime locations, including 1 successful Riverside. The artificial quality solution is called Presto Voice.