ALAMO — An East Bay telecommunications advisor pleaded blameworthy to a national complaint that helium violated U.S. sanctions against Iran portion exporting bundle upgrades for commercial-grade telecommunications servers to the country, authorities said.
Farhad Nafeiy, 70, of Alamo, entered the plea aft national authorities filed a complaint that helium violated the International Emergency Economic Powers Act, according to a connection from Ismael J. Ramsey, the U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of California. Nafeiy besides pleaded blameworthy to 1 number of taxation evasion, Ramsey said.
U.S. District Judge Araceli Martinez-Olguin scheduled Nafeiy’s sentencing for Jan. 29, 2024. Ramsey said Nafeiy could person a maximum of 20 years successful situation for violating the IEEPA and 5 years successful situation for the taxation evasion, with further fines of up to $1.25 million.
According to Ramsey, the IEEPA banned definite activities and transactions with Iran aft a uncovering by the President that the state was an “extraordinary” menace to U.S. nationalist security, overseas argumentation and the nation’s economy. Ramsey said the sanctions connected Iran prohibit exporting oregon facilitating the export of U.S.-origin products to Iran and providing the state with enactment services.
- Crime and Public Safety |Toddler recovered dormant successful Rodeo bathtub; brace arrested connected allegations of torture, homicide
- Crime and Public Safety |Walnut Creek: Would-be burglars clang Land Rover done Louis Vuitton store
- Crime and Public Safety |Oakland, Alameda County to wage $2.4 cardinal to household of antheral killed by struggling neighbor
- Crime and Public Safety |Alameda County DA opposes merchandise of brace convicted successful writer Chauncey Bailey’s murder
- Crime and Public Safety |Stabbing successful beforehand of East Bay BART presumption puts antheral successful hospital
Nafeiy successful the plea statement admitted that helium knew helium violated the presumption of the licence by doing so, and that helium sold $400,000 worthy of upgrades, Ramsey said. He added that the blameworthy plea to income taxation evasion came from that unreported money.